Delicious and Decadent – Get Creative with Otis Spunkmeyer!
What’s better than an Otis Spunkmeyer cookie or muffin? A twist on an old favorite! Whether in your home or at a restaurant, some of the best stories from our loyal customers are about a new recipe using their favorite Otis flavors. Some of these amazing creations quickly turn the delicious into the decadent. It’s the Otis magic right in your home!
Buttered Rum Cookie Cups
This Otis twist on hot buttered rum is sure to warm up the coldest winter night. You will have a difficult time choosing what to eat first—the delicious Butter Sugar cookie cup or the creamy butterscotch filling.
- Pre-heat conventional oven to 300° F.
- Whisk together 6 cups prepared butterscotch pudding and 3 oz. dark rum. Chill and reserve.
- Turn over two standard 12-cup nonstick muffin pans (each muffin cup should hold ½ cup) and generously spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place one thawed Butter Sugar cookie dough nugget on top of each inverted muffin cup. Mold the dough to cover the cup, stopping ½” from the base. Avoid any holes or tears in the dough. Repeat with the remaining dough nuggets, leaving an uncovered muffin cup between each cup covered with dough.
- Bake until dough begins to turn golden brown, approximately 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to partially cool. When the cookie cup is still slightly warm and flexible, gently twist in place to loosen it from the muffin cup. (It may be helpful to slide a spatula under any dough that has baked on to the flat surface of the pan.) When loosened, lift up from the pan. Reserve.
- Portion ½ cup rum pudding into each cookie cup. Top with whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg. Serve immediately.
Strawberry Chocolate Muffin Shortcake
Shortcake with a big flavor punch! An Otis Spunkmeyer Chocolate Chocolate Chip muffin is quartered and topped with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Let your creativity shine by adding different seasonal fruits to the recipe, or try a new flavor altogether by using a different muffin.
- Quarter a 4-oz. Otis Spunkmeyer Chocolate Chocolate Chip muffin by cutting into four pieces from the top.
- Place muffin quarters so that the bottom of all four pieces meet in the center of the plate.
- Starting at the center, top with 1 oz. sliced strawberries (slice them ¼” inch thick down the middle).
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and a strawberry slice.
Banana Nut Pudding
Classic comfort with an Otis spin. Otis Spunkmeyer Banana Nut muffins and fresh bananas are baked in a cinnamon custard to create a hot, bubbling indulgence that’s crispy on top and gooey underneath. Served with a drizzle of decadent caramel rum sauce.
- Preheat conventional oven to 350°F.
- Slice Otis Spunkmeyer 4-oz. Banana Nut muffins into ¾”-1” cubes.
- Coat a half steam table pan with nonstick spray. Place half the muffin cubes into pan. Top with 3 bananas, sliced ¼” thick. Add remaining muffin cubes.
- Mix together 3 cups milk, 2 tbsp. vanilla extract, 8 eggs, ½ cup sugar, 1 tbsp. kosher salt, and 2 tsp. cinnamon. Pour into pan, coating all the muffin cubes. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Dot with pats of butter (1-oz., sliced thin). Bake until center is set and top is golden and crisp, approximately 50–55 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cut into 12 equal pieces, and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Stir together 1 cup of commercially prepared caramel sauce and 1 ½ tbsp. of dark rum. Reserve.
- To serve, plate one piece of pudding and drizzle with 1 tbsp. Caramel rum sauce.
- This recipe works best with dry, leftover muffins. To dry fresh muffins—chop, spread on a sheet pan, and bake in a 350°F oven (15-20 minutes or until dry)
- Take this breakfast to the next level by serving with maple syrup alongside breakfast sausage
Make it a new experience - Try one of our cookie or dessert recipes. You’ll be amazed at how easy it is. Do something fun - share some of these great Otis Spunkmeyer recipes with family and friends today!